Monday, February 25, 2008

Link Roundup

Does researching in a Dewey decimal library lead to finding different information than researching in an LoC library? (Hat tip: The Monkey Cage) I haven't had a chance to read this article yet, seeing as how I'm currently between academic institutions and therefore don't have access to much of anything, but the abstract (at the link) looks quite interesting. (But I think the real question is, why is this research appearing in the Journal of Theoretical Politics?)

Another freely downloadable book (and one I've actually been intending to read!): Daniel Solove's The Future of Reputation: Gossip, Rumor and Privacy on the Internet.

Another filtering tool for managing RSS overload, called Persai. I haven't experimented with this one, but between the linked article and their blog, it sounds like it might be worth a look.

The internal dynamics of Wikipedia and Digg. Hint: they're not as democratic as you think (but that's not necessarily a bad thing).

Best cartoon ever. Seriously, this is going on my bulletin board. (Mouse over for the punchline.)

No comments: